Our members have been bringing a wealth of creative inspiration to our events this month. With topics ranging from sewing with knits, dancing with your babes, quilting, and visits to museums our chicks have almost every artistic and craft medium covered this month! Check out some of the great tips, tricks and recommendations for both the art soul and the busy mama.
- Potty training has been a big topic of discussion this month and both Sara and Stephanie have recommended Oh Crap! Potty Training: Everything Modern Parents Need to Know to Do It Once and Do It Right as a great go to book to help if you are in the process of tackling this endeavor.
- The popular Musical, Hamilton is coming to Washington D.C. but unfortunately tickets and a babysitter may be hard to get due to the popularity of the show and the expense of a babysitter. Why not treat yourself to the original broadway cast recording, available here for some creative inspiration on the go?
- Sewing with knits can be scary, but Samantha has recommended Brindelle & Twig for some great patterns for your chicks. She also filled us in on the tip of using a modified zig-zag stitch to sew knits on a normal machine.
- Creative Chicks talking about Mommy and Me Barre classes spurred discussions on dance. We found out that quite a few of our moms have dance backgrounds in performance and education and sparked discussion about having a few dance themed events for our chicks. We also shared this book, called Good Morning Yoga: A Pose-by-Pose Wake Up Story during a coffee event to encourage our little ones to express themselves creatively through movement.
- Our NOVA Creative Chicks have been busy assembling and creating quilt blocks for the upcoming 2016 graduates from the foster care system in Alexandria. Tackling nine full size quilts is a challenge for anyone but trying to accomplish the work after babies are in bed, napping or playing or in the first stages of pregnancy is even harder. It seems fitting that we are making them to bless nine individuals embarking on a hard task with these quilts to warm them. Share in our creative inspiration by looking at our completed 2015 quilts in this post.
- Gardens our sprouting everywhere right now and many of our moms have been sharing their completed, and in-process Lia Griffith Veggie Gardens.
What has been inspiring you this month? We would love to hear from you!